Pearson Test of English (PTE) is the computer-based English language test which is conducted to test the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers, who desire to study abroad. This is one multi-level test which focuses more on daily spoken English over high level knowledge, where an individual is tested on various parameters, viz., Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. It is similar to IELTS in terms of its modules, but PTE has longer duration and is computer-based. It is a trusted test recognized by universities, colleges, and governments all across the globe.
WHY PTE? It has several benefits as mentioned below:
- It is approved for Australian and New Zealand’s student visa and migration applications.
- It is fast as its results come within 5 business days typically. So this test is best suited for the students who are in a bit of rush.
- It is flexible because testing is done globally, at over more than 250 centers, located in different corners of the world, for about more than 360 days of the year.
- It is Fair & Secure, as it is computer-based, so it is more accurate and impartial.
About Exam Pattern This exam consists of three modules:
- Speaking and Writing together, the duration of which is 77-93 minutes. This section comprises of Personal introduction, Reading aloud, answering short questions, essay (20mins), summarizing the written text, etc.
- Reading part: It is of 32-41 minutes; it consists of portions like, MCQs- with single option and multiple questions, Fill in the blanks, re-ordering of paragraphs.
- Listening part: The duration of this exam is 45-57 minutes. This part of the exam includes sections inter-alia, summarizing spoken test, highlighting correct summary, fill in the blanks, selecting missing word.
This exam has a very simple process and includes just 4 steps.
- Step 1: Registration process: In this, one can register for a test and book a test date.
- Step 2: Preparation phase.
- Step 3: Take the test.
- Step 4: View and send scores.
This test is most effective, objective, and convenient for professionals. It is one of the best recommended tests, for those who want to study abroad. One can easily sail through it, by hard work and efficiency of practice.