What we Offer?
We Offer digital classes, Skill improvement classes, early morning, late evening batches with flexible batch timings. IELTS ORACLE is the best IELTS center in Mohali
What is IELTS?
IELTS is an International English Language Testing Systems. Furthermore, It is an increasingly popular exam. The students who plan to study abroad, or by job-seekers who desire to work in countries where English is the native language go for this exam. The British Council and IDP jointly manage this exam. In other words, It designs to check the abilities of an individual at various levels and focus on the highest international standards of language assessment.
Why go for IELTS?
IELTS is the test, which is accepted worldwide. The different professional bodies, immigration authorities, and government agencies of the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are recognizing the IELTS Exam. Overall, this test has an extremely high reputation.
IELTS exam is of two types:
Academic exam, for those who want to pursue their higher education overseas.
General exam, required for immigration or work purpose.
Components of IELTS Exam:
IELTS has primarily four modules- Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, conducted in similar fashion and these are specified below.
It is of overall 40 minutes duration, which is further sub-divided as:
- • 30 minutes + extra 10 minutes (to transfer the answers on to the sheet where they have to write after hearing the audio clip. An individual can write their answers while listening as well). But one has to be very alert and focused while listening, as the audio clip is played only ONCE, and the questions are in increasing difficulty order.
It has 4 sections and consists of 40 questions, encompassing 4 recorded monologues or dialogues and conversations.
- Here we have a conversation between two speakers talking about day-to-day situations. For e.g. asking for directions, enrolling for any government scheme, etc.
- Talk on the general topic of interest by an individual, like, any seminar or any event.
- Group discussion between 2-4 people over a particular topic like education
- It can be Lecture on general academic topics.
It lasts for around 60 minutes and includes 3 passages and 40 questions. Moreover, Texts are related to descriptions, facts and analytical RCs (include non-verbal material like graphs, diagrams, and charts). Passages are from genuine sources like books or newspapers.
- For Academic Test, passages are on general topics (& not on specialized topics). It has questions like MCQs, matching type, yes/no type, fill in the blanks and summary or note-making.
- In the General Test, the passages are in everyday situations, or work-related environments, or on topics from newspapers, magazines, journals, etc
This module also lasts for 60 minutes and comprises of 2 writing tasks, which require different writing styles. This can also be classified on the Academic and General Test basis. The 2 tasks are:
- 150 words short writing where a candidate must summarize and explain the given scenario. (20 minutes)
- 250 words essay writing. (40 minutes)
This is the last but not the least module. The duration of this module is for around 11 to 15 minutes and consists of a face-to-face interview with a specially trained examiner. It has 3 sections:
- Introduction about an individual to give personal information like family, hobbies, business, etc. (4-5 minutes)
- Cue card round: you will get a random topic and need to prepare in 1 minute like an on-the-spot round. (2-3 minutes)
- Furthermore, there is a structured discussion between you and examiner. (5-7 minutes)
The entire test can henceforth be summarized in this one single picture as:
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
(Plus 10 minutes extra for Listening module)